Position: Economic Development Analyst, Associate, or Intern
Start Date: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time (or part time internship)
Compensation: TBD, based on experience level
About BJH Advisors
BJH Advisors, LLC is a real estate development and advisory firm, with expertise in planning, project management, finance, tax policy, market analytics, and Federal/State/City incentives. BJH works with both public sector and private clients to analyze and structure real estate development opportunities; undertake financial feasibility, market and zoning analysis; and determine if policy goals require programmatic action.
Recent clients include New York City Economic Development Corporation, Empire State Development, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, the Brooklyn Brewery, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Industry City, the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, Pratt Center for Community Development, Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation, the Regional Plan Association, the City of Boston, and a variety of significant real estate development entities (private clients) seeking to undertake both residential and commercial programming.
The staff member will support client-facing engagements and partners / senior staff with research, analysis, data synthesis, mapping, and administrative tasks for real estate market analysis, economic impacts, financial feasibility, and other services. The candidate will gain exposure to a myriad of public and private development projects happening in real time in New York City and the surrounding region.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong quantitative skills
· High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· High energy and ability to focus
· Great work attitude
· Quick learner / self-starter
Preferred Skills / Experience
· Mastery of financial concepts, discounted cash flow analysis, and public data sets including U.S. Census, American Communities Survey, County Business Patterns, Economic Census, NYC PLUTO, and NYS Department of Labor, among others
· Understanding of land use, zoning, and real estate markets in New York City
· Familiarity with accounting terms, financial statements, and underwriting
· 5 years of experience in real estate, public policy, finance, or other related fields
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.